Sunday, October 21, 2012

Happiness! An Inside Job


Happiness can be elusive, sparked for no reason at all or needing stimulation to become alive.  Truly, happiness is an inside job.  It is always there, waiting to come forth if only we would allow it to flow.  I sit and stare at nothing and can feel the flow of true happiness coursing through my veins.  Other times it just seems to travel on a voyage far from my heart, yet, with one slight manipulation from outside, I find myself gloriously in touch with my happiness again.

I know the truth, I need nothing to spark the feeling of happiness.  It burns within me resting until I notice its presence. Though, I may try to touch it, it is out of reach.

This brings me to the message of happiness.  Happiness is there whether I notice its presence or not.  It is always within me.  Knowing that is enough to feel happy about.
I may feel discouraged, even sad, off my path or in bed with the covers over my head, happiness has not left, it is just hidden by the illusion I have placed on top of it.

"Happiness is an inside job" -  Reminds me of the safe cracker working with an informant- it must be an inside job - Well, of course it is, I am the one to crack the safe wide open and I am my own informant.  If I listen quietly, I will hear the gentle sound of happiness within my soul's song and I have the capability to bring it to the present moment.  I have actually laughed in the moment of tears running down my cheek with sadness and found the happiness in feeling the sadness.  Happiness is everywhere, in every moment no matter what it looks like in our story we have created.

Enjoy! Happiness Abounds....Namaste'

No comments:

Post a Comment